Position: Communications Specialist (Part Time)
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Week: 18 hours
Scope of Position:
The Communications Specialist is accountable to the Executive Director of the Valley Regional Hospital Foundation. This position is responsible for the communications and promotion of our Planned Giving program, all our events including our signature event, various tasks including social media, reports, newsletters, etc.
This position requires a skilled writer who is able to design, draft, and edit organizational material for public consumption. The ideal candidate will possess experience using Microsoft Office as well as experience with common graphic design software (such as In Design). The ideal candidate is able to work independently and is self-directed and motivated.
The Communications Specialist holds a degree in on of Communications, Public Relations, or Media with a minimum of 5 years experience. The ideal candidate is a team player with a good work ethic, exceptional time management skills, and vigilant attention to detail. The successful candidate must be an outstanding communicator, have non-profit experience in events, as well as development of collateral and grant writing abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Institute a communications program to promote among allied professionals
- Develop and print collateral materials
Signature Event (working in collaboration with Events Coordinator)
- Develop and circulate promotional materials
- Produce and circulate sponsor package materials
- Develop sponsors
- Develop and maintain sponsor stewardship
Communications & Public Relations (working in collaboration with Foundation staff and Youth Board)
- Build alliances with public relations folks in various communities
- Create comprehensive communication plans which include metrics, advertising, internal communications, external communications, crisis communications and social media
- Create, promote and support speakers’ bureau
- Create, promote and support hospital tours
- Produce and circulate Valley Regional Hospital Foundation newsletter
- Develop and maintain a social media program
- Develop, produce, and circulate the Valley Regional Hospital Foundation Annual Report
- Produce a monthly column in local papers
- Create and produce photo & video productions
- Promote the “Pay Day Play” program
- Promote the “Grateful Patient” program
- Work with InDesign (or similar graphic design software) on all collateral
- Monitor media for metrics, obituaries, etc.
- Work with other organizations to expand partnerships
- Work with speakers’ bureau to extend reach of the Valley Regional Hospital Foundation
- Develop memorial flyers and obituary advertisements
- Other duties as required
This is a part time position with flexibility in the scheduling of the 18 hours per week. This position can have some of the work completed from home with the expectation that the successful candidate work at least one day per week in the Valley Regional Hospital Foundation office. There will be times, especially coming up to and during an event, when the hours per week will exceed 18. The average workweek on an annual basis will average 18 hours.
Application deadline: Friday, February 23, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Please submit your resume in pdf format to Claire Gardam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.