Your Hospital

Valley Regional Hospital opened in 1992 to serve approximately 80,000 residents of Kings and Annapolis Counties. As part of the Nova Scotia Health Authority, it is a regional referral centre for Annapolis Valley and areas of Western Nova Scotia.

The care-giving team includes over 700 employees, 100 consulting physicians, and hundreds of volunteers. Valley Regional Hospital offers a wide range of health care services, including Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Intensive Care, Emergency, Psychiatry, and Addictions.

Emergency Room Staff

Mission statement

Valley Regional Hospital Foundation is an independent charity established to foster a culture of sustained giving in support of health care in the Annapolis Valley.

We work on behalf of you and your family to enhance regional medical services at Valley Regional Hospital. Our partners are other hospital Foundations and Auxiliaries in Kings and Annapolis Counties. Our goal is to ensure residents have access to the best health care possible by providing up-to-date equipment that supports the services offered through the hospital.

We gather community support for major financial purchases of medical equipment to meet the province’s requirement that the community provide 25% of the required funding.

Vision statement

To be a donor’s charity of choice in support of health care in the Annapolis Valley.

The generosity of our donors ensures we can provide medical equipment where required in the hospital to serve patients. We provide donors with opportunities to invest in health care for themselves, their families and future generations.

Why We’re Here and What We Do

In 1985, Valley Regional Hospital Foundation was formed to raise $8 million (25% of the funds needed) from the community to build Valley Regional Hospital; the provincial government provided the remaining 75%. The 25/75 split continues today for most capital and major medical equipment purchases. Foundations like ours play an important role in gathering community financial resources to support major purchases.

Through the generosity of thousands of donors, our Foundation provided over $16 million to improve health care for residents of Kings and Annapolis Counties. Annapolis Valley Health District provides health care services for approximately 80,000 residents of Kings and Annapolis Counties.

Over the past few years, the Foundation provided funding for new and updated equipment, chaplaincy services and the Family Practice Residency Program.

Our charitable registration number is: 119280808RR0001